Tuesday, February 23, 2010

sublime- what i got

"Well, life is too short, so love the one you got 'Cause you might get runover or you might get shot Never had to battle with no bulletproof vest Never start no static I just get it off my chest Take a small example, take a tip from me Take all of your money, give it all to charity Love is what I got It's within my reach"
So today, today was a scary day. We went to IHOP, today is free pancake day. And with that realized how much people do not care about others. Even if the pancakes are free, IHOP was asking for donations. So me and my girlfriend gave 5 bucks, while other college students walked away. Are there others out there that have morals besides the two of us? Afterwards we went to the Harborside campus, gathered a few drinks for the night. On our way back we seriously got taken by surprise by a JWU bus. We were in the right lane on the left side, driving the speed limit it was pouring raining out. We were underneath the bridge and the JWU bus just goes into our lane. We had to slam on the brakes and go in to oncoming traffic, just to avoid being hit but the bus.. We drive to the Safety and Security Office where they inform us to call transportation. With this we play phone tap to the point we have to call another number tomorrow, in order to get to the bottom of this. 
At this moment, I am just happy I am not gone. However, I am still pissed that the driver ran us off the road. I am thankful that Lyn didn't let me get out and argue with the driver when he was parked at the shuttle stop.  I don't even know what  words I would have said or what my actions would have been. Because in all honesty, life is too short, I am going to treasure these moments. 

smh352

No comments:

Post a Comment